Stella the Boxer

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

cooking is not like the food channel

So in my house, we watch the Food Channel all the time. Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, Good Eats - these are on in the house with as much regularity as any Law and Order. It seems so easy - buzzing around the kitchen, pots and pans at the ready. Things like quail eggs and shaved truffles just waiting to be used.
Much to my surprise, real life cooking - at least in my house - is nothing like that. The ingredients come out of plastic bags that are fun to play with. Nothing is, as they say, "prepped". Ovens need to be heated, cheese needs to be grated, sauce un-jarred. All to make mysterious lasagna.
I don't know what it is, but I discovered I like mozzarella. I was treated to my first table scraps when I got a bit passed down to me.
Image hosting by Photobucket

This is me performing my one trick - down. All for a piece of mozzarella! I'm going to go to Beginner School soon at PetSmart, since I'm too old for puppy school. I'm looking forward to learning tricks.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Out of nowhere, there was this horrible shrill sound that didn't stop until we waved a towel flag at the ceiling. Something about a "goddamn stupid smoke detector and there's no smoke"? Not sure what that means - the sound is just AWFUL, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket


This morning I'm home with a friend, so I have to go play.
OTL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home